Socket artist Janet Turville is one of 13 Derbyshire and Staffordshire based artists who have been invited to contribute to The Adam & Eve Project. The artists’ brief was to make a personal response to the time honoured narrative of Adam & Eve, and in particular to re-imagine some key aspect from its well- established iconography.
Janet has created two digital fabric prints for the project which portray a contemporary, imagined view of the Garden of Eden in the Age of Plastic, detail below:
The Adam & Eve exhibition opens at the St John Street Gallery, Ashbourne, for the start of the Ashbourne Festival, with a private view, Thu 15th Jun, 5 – 8pm. The exhibition continues here until 1st Jul.
The exhibition will tour until Feb 2018, planned venues including the following:
- Southwell Minster: 29th Jul – 20th Aug 2017, private view – Fri 28th Jul 2017
- Melbourne Festival: St Michael with St Mary’s Church, Melbourne, 16th – 17th Sep 2017
- St Chad’s Church, Stafford: 25th Sep – 8th Oct 2017
- Doveridge Art Show: Village Hall, Sand Lane, Doveridge. 25th – 26th Nov 2017 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Brampton Art Gallery: Newcastle-under-Lyme. 13th Jan – 25th Feb 2018
Other participating artists include R.N Clarke, Michael Cook, Elizabeth Forrest, Lee Mackay, Simon Manby, Rebecca Mercer, Duncan Pass, Sue Prince, John Rattigan, Sarah Sharpe, Roger Sutton, and Anna Thomas.